Fall Campus

Transfer Credit Information

Will My Credits Transfer?

Credits you’ve earned at a two-year or four-year college will likely count at BU, provided they meet the following criteria:

  • The college(s) you’ve earned credit from are regionally accredited.
  • You earned at least a “C."
  • If you completed an A.A. or an A.S. degree from a PA community college, or you transfer from a PASSHE university, you could transfer in courses with grades a “D” or higher. Follow up with our Transfer Counselor for more information.

If you would like an early look at how your courses might transfer to BU before gaining admission, please use the following tools:

Ask a question

Articulation Agreements

Dual admission programs at schools such as Bucks CCC, Luzerne and Lehigh County CC, Harrisburg Area CC, Montgomery CCC and Northampton CC guarantee students admission to BU (excluding, but not limited to, nursing, ASL, Engineering 3+2) upon completion of an A.A. or A.S. in an approved major between the CC and BU. Students must also meet the standard admission requirements for the BU major. Students should contact the transfer center or advising area at the CC to start the dual admission process.

Program-to-Program (P2P) — Students who have completed an A.A. or A.S. degree in certain majors, from a PA CC, may be admitted into the parallel major at BU (i.e. computer science-to-computer science), will complete the last 60 credits at BU. Admission is based on GPA.

STEM Transfer — As a student you'll find opportunities for technology internships, clinical experiences or science research, including undergraduate research opportunities. These experiences will give you an edge in your career, and along the way you'll be able to take pride in making a difference — for the community.

Reverse Transfer programs

As a potential Future Husky, we understand you want to get a head start on your bachelor's degree. Starting at a PA community college is a great way to earn credits, at an economical cost, and work towards a degree. With the reverse transfer agreement, a student at any PA community college can transfer to Bloomsburg and potentially finish their associate's degree, while starting on their bachelor's degree. By completing both your associate and bachelor degrees at Bloomsburg, you can increase your career opportunities and earning potential.

Reverse Transfer Flyer | Reverse Transfer Program Application

What are the requirements?

  • You must be enrolled at BU.
  • You must have transferred from a PA community college, and the PA community college must be the last institution attended.
  • You must have attended a PA community college within the previous 5 years, and earned a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
  • You must have completed at least 45 credits from a PA community college (30 credits from Bucks CCC, Harrisburg Area CC and Luzerne CCC). This excludes remedial/developmental coursework.
  • You must earn a minimum 2.0 GPA and successfully complete 15 credits at BU (30 credits for those who transfer from Bucks CCC, Harrisburg Area CC and Luzerne CCC).
  • The community college may only consider a grade of at least a "C" for review of an associate's degree.
  • You must have earned and/or have in-progress a total of 60 or more college-level credits from BU and the PA community college combined.
  • You must indicate your agreement to participate in this program by completing the Reverse Transfer Agreement Release form (you will receive this from the BU Registrar's Office once you have completed 60 credits between BU and the PA community college).

What is the process?

  • You will be notified of eligiblity by the BU Registrar's Office once you have completed 60 credits, between the PA community college and BU.
  • You will need to contact the Registrar's Office at the PA community college to ensure the courses you take at BU will fulfill the associate degree requirements.
  • You will have to complete the Reverse Transfer Release form and return it to the BU Registrar's Office. A BU transcript will then be sent to the PA community college for review.
  • No fees will be charged for transcripts from BU or the PA community college.
  • If approved, the PA community college will award the associate's degree, and they will send a final transcript to BU to confirm the degree.