Loan Issues

Loan Issues

Your student loans are just that, your loans. It is a good idea to learn more about them and where to go if you face difficulties in obtaining funding or in repayment. Remember your loans simply will not go away, being financially responsibly early will help you later in life.

The following links will provide you with additional information on the topic in which you are searching:

Required Notification

Persons borrowing must notify their loan servicing agency when any of the following conditions arise:

  • Graduation
  • Withdrawal from school
  • Attendance is less than half-time status (less than six credits Undergraduate - less than five credits Graduate/Doctoral)
  • Change of name or address
  • Transfer to another school
  • Other changes that may affect borrowers' eligibility for deferred payments

Please see Loan Tracking to determine who is servicing your federal loans.

FSA Ombudsman Group

If you are in a dispute about your federal student loan, contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group as a last resort.  The FSA Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Federal Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program Loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.  Please use the following information to contact the FSA Ombudsman Group:

  • Telephone:  877-557-2575
  • Fax: 606-396-4821
  • Mail:

                        FSA Ombudsman Group

                        PO Box 1843

                        Monticello, KY  42633